Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Happy New Year!

Welcome 2007!
It's difficult to believe my last post to this site was back in July. A lot has been going on. Mostly for me it has been about putting my money where my mouth is. My money and my back and my labor. I don't mind. That's what Love is.

How many people really know that anymore? Love isn't sex. Love isn't what you feel. Love is what you do. The next time you are having difficulties with "loved ones" in your life, Do More For Them. That is the example that Jesus gave us. We see it in parentage as well. You don't "know" an unborn child but look at all that a woman has to do for that unborn child to bring into the world. Look at all the care you have to give that child after it's born. It's the "doing" that makes it love. The feelings are a by product, a side effect that comes from doing.
My mother has a saying: That which you hate, do more often. She was referring to chores but I think it works with relationships as well. The idea is that the more you do the chores you dislike the less those chores bother you. The more things you do for the people who need your love the more you are able to relate with them.
Some people don't want your love and they don't want your Jesus either. My personal take on this is: Don't cast your pearls before swine lest they turn on you and rend you. Just don't be so sure they don't want it and don't be so sure they won't change their mind about Jesus. In that event, we need to be "Johnny on the Spot" ready and willing to show our love.
Remember we don't Love one another for the feelings we get or so they can love us back. We love one another because Jesus first loved us and look what He did.

For God so Loved the World -While we were yet sinners- that He gave His only Begotten Son...

Jesus said if you love me you will obey my commandments. This is my commandment: That you Love one another.

May the Lord Grant you all the Fruits and Gifts of His Holy Spirit
and May He bring you into the fullness of His Love this year

Will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.